I'm back after a few weeks break. Life became a bit busy and stressful for a couple of weeks, and on top of that, our internet connection has been terrible - feels like I'm back on "dial up" broadband:(. However, after some thought and reminding myself why I started blogging, I have decided to get back into it. My original idea was to keep a record, mainly for myself of my life, things that happen, things I do; a bit like a dairy, but accessible to anyone who cares to read it. While comments and encouragement are lovely, they are not necessary.

Today, I went to Golden Beach with my daughter-in-law and we met my son there. D-I-L went off to an appointment leaving Ross, the girls and myself to spend time at the playground, the beach and going for a walk. Ross has the back of his ute all set up camping, so firstly it was time to cook up brunch, bacon, eggs and baked beans. I passed on the baked beans and added cream cheese and olives to my bacon and eggs. I've been on a Keto diet for the past two weeks and love it. Tamara loved sharing Ross's baked beans, but of course, not off the fork, insisting on using her hands and as she is only 16 months old, I guess this is understandable, even if rather messy. She had food of her own to eat, but why do that when you can eat off Dad's plate. Annika, Miss 4 going on 14, ate 99% of my smoked salmon - I knew she would, so packed extra for that purpose.
The girls loved playing at the playground. Annika has well and truly mastered swinging by herself now, although after a spill off a swing, prefers to use the "baby" one and clip herself in to it so when she goes high she doesn't slip out.
Neither of the girls wanted to swim, although I didn't give Tamara a choice - she wasn't a happy baby, so that didn't last long. I thought the water was quite lovely, but Ross tells me it's a bit cooler than the usual 25+ degrees it normally is at this time of the year.
We spent the whole morning there, by then both girls were a trifle grumpy, Tamara needing a sleep and Annika just having a grumpy day for some reason. I told her she needed to go home and have a sleep. She wanted to come to Gran's but said No, I'd had enough of her grumping for one day and anyway, she was on "no screen time for a week", and coming to Gran's wasn't going to change that rule. Instead, I went home, lay down and read a book for a couple of hours - sheer indulgence, but well worth it.
We drove around Golden Beach when we were in Caloundra last year. It is much quieter than around Bulcock and Kings beaches that's for sure. Good to see you back, Lyndie.
ReplyDelete