Snapshot of my Week

Sunday, 5 November 2017
Another week done and dusted.  Have achieved quite a bit at home, at my son's and in the community garden. Also spent time with my Aunt who had to have some surgery on Tuesday.

Monday: Animal Flow and a 4 km walk/jog along the beach. Another beautiful day in a beautiful setting. Did some weeding at Ross's, played with Tamara for a bit and then home to make Mango and Vanilla Jam. Tea at Aunty Marienne's - my cousin and his partner became engaged while on a cruise last week, so we had a celebratory dinner for them.

Tuesday: PT, helped Ross get washing out, dishes done and got Tamara down for her morning sleep, before heading off for acupuncture. Then I took my Aunt to have her day surgery, spent time at Currimundi Lake with Ross and the girls, even had a swim with Annika in the outflow of the lake to the sea. We had fun floating down in the current and then pretending to be some sort of fish with giant 'hand claws' that dug in to the bottom to pull ourselves back up to the starting point and begin all over again. Annika loves the water and Tamara even had a play which she enjoyed, until she decided to take a big mouthful of salty water - she was not impressed. As with most babies, Tamara managed to find the empty beer bottle Ross's mate who was with us had had. Spent the night with Aunty as she wasn't allowed to be left on her own after her surgery.

Wednesday: Animal Flow and Move class at Moffat. Back to Aunty's until 10.30 ish then off to see Leslee. She is doing really well, has even put on 4 kg in 2 weeks - the benefit of steroids to keep the swelling of the tumours in her brain down as long as possible. The steroids have given her an appetite and if you sit still too long, she may just start munching on you. This weekend she is having her "wake" which will be fun, and very sad all at the same time. Easy tea of eggy banana pancakes topped with Quark and Mango/vanilla jam.

Tomatoes ripening at community garden
Thursday: HIIT class at the gym, where my lower back gave me grief. It's been sore for two or three weeks now, stupid thing. I've lived with an "iffy" back since my late teens. Working in horticulture for 18 years didn't help. I went to water the community gardens and picked some of the beetroot which I preserved. I also made more jam.  Back up to Aunty M's for the night. She is recovering well. We had a couple of games of Rummikub, won 1 each.

Friday: I gave Beach class a miss today. I actually listened to my back for a change. Instead I went to my son's and mowed their lawns, feed and watered the chooks. Mulched my vegetable with sugar cane mulch. Spent an hour of the afternoon watching Episode one of Big Little Lies and finished knitting another dish cloth. before meeting a friend at our local tapas bar/cafe for a drink and tea.

Saturday: Gym, housework and then off to Indoor Rock climbing with the 12 week challenge crew, but more about that later. Then it was Leslee's "living wake". Lots of people there and she enjoyed catching up with friends and family. I left early to pick up a teenager who is having family issues at present and brought her home to mine for the night.
Me up the top of the wall. 
Sunday: Chill out day. Picked Purple King Beans from the self seeded ones in my garden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my blogs, so please leave a comment. Thanks

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Back to Top