
I spent the first three days of the week looking after one or the other, or both of my grand daughters. Monday I had Tamara, who has discovered she can stand up in the middle of the room and is very proud of herself. This new skill has necessitated "baby proofing" of my house. Unfortunately I can't move the microwave to a height she can't reach, so may have to get a couple of baby gates to stop her getting into the kitchen. Doesn't she look pleased with herself. Yesterday, at her home, she was pushing along a little trolley while walking. It won't be long before she is running everywhere and this Gran will have to be on her toes then and get the eyes in the back of the head in working order again.
On Tuesday I had both of the girls while my son went 'kite surfing' in the rain and wind. He had a marvellous time, I can't say I did as Tamara (the littlest) is cutting teeth and would not be put down or have a sleep. Gran's patience's was tested severely and I resorted to putting Annika in front of a animated kids movie (naughty Gran) so I could walk and rock Tamara. Tamara did love the eggy banana pancakes I made her for her lunch though. Simply mash a banana, add some cinnamon, whisk up two eggs, mix the two together and cook. She plowed through two of the three I made.

Wednesday I took Annika for the morning/early afternoon, while Bernie took Tamara for her big OT appointment. Annika was a bit distracted at swimming today - she is a real water girl and would much rather be playing than waiting for her turn and listening to Tyson. On the way home we called in at the supermarket to get choc chips to make biscuits with and visited the bakery for a little party pie. I love the expression on Annika's face as she eats the pie, she couldn't wait for it to cool down enough. Then we did some baking, well Gran did while Annika ate the mixture. I left the room to do something for only a minute or two and when I came back I could have sworn there was more chocolate chip mixture in the bowl than what was there on my return. Sure enough, I found a little container in the study room with uncooked mixture in it - Annika and I shared this later.


Wednesday night I stayed at my Aunts, she is away in NZ, so thought I'd better go up and check on her place after all the rain and wind we have been having. Her balcony, which looks out over the estuary and out to sea has been getting a soaking, however, at least all the plants were well watered.
Thursday, I lazed around for the morning reading a book, then had a blissfully painful massage in an attempt to loosen up all my very tight muscles, which have been causing me quite a bit of pain - I didn't even go to the gym or do any exercise all week, they've been that bad. The massage certainly helped and I woke on Friday morning feeling like a new person.
Friday was 'get outside' day, as it actually stopped raining and the sun came out. The lawns got mown, I hand weeded all the graveled area's around the back of the house, planted seeds, dug in some compost to the vegetable garden and then could hardly move. So much for my massage, I think I undid all the good work.
 |
| Before weeding |
 |
| After weeding |
 |
| Capsicums, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chard |
Beerwah had it's annual Street Party from 4 to 9.30, so I met Bernie and the girls there and we wandered around for a couple of hours. Annika met up with a little friend of hers and they danced madly, as only children can, not caring about the crowds of people watching them, to a youngish man singing Johnny Cash. Their antics put smiles on many people's faces and a few other little girls joined them. Once I had helped Bernie load them into the car and sent them home I met up with a friend and we had a quiet drink before heading home ourselves.
All in all, I had a good, productive week and the time flew by.
Yes the downside of the rain we have been having are the weeds! We currently have 1/2 acre of them which I need to start on. Lovely grandchildren. Enjoy them while they are little.
ReplyDeleteBig well done to Tamara and yep she sure looks proud and so she should too. I think we have all used the tv to entertain kids when needed. I’m certainly guilty of that one. I remember all the Bob The Builder episodes, Postman Pat, the original Hi5.........
ReplyDelete